Wide Open Wednesday:
WOW is designed as a test and tune night. There is no minimum number of guaranteed runs, it is dependent on car count and other circumstances. All racers will receive a .500 Full Tree, ¼ mile time, unless they designate a different tree where the tower can see on their car (see Dial-In Locations). All times will be ¼ mile, except for Jr. Dragsters. If you only want 1/8th Mile time, just look at those numbers on your slip. All NHRA rules apply. See www.nhraracer.com for full list of all safety requirements. All Cars and Bikes must enter from the rear of the staging lanes and must wait their turn in their lanes and run-in order as designated by Staging Officials.
- General Guidelines:
- Racers will enter through the Main Gate Entrance off SR 203.
- Once you get your tech card, please fill it out completely then proceed to Lanes 1 and 2 for Tech and your first pass.
- Please have your tech card filled out COMPLETELY prior to reaching the tech official. After you have been through Tech, you will get your first run out of the tech lanes. Follow the instructions of any Tech/Staging official.
- D.O.T. Street Tires (After the car has been tech and made first pass) go to lanes 3 or 4 (or the lane(s) instructed by the Rear of Staging Official)
- Slick Tires (After the car has been Tech and made first pass) return to lanes 5 or 6 (or the lane(s) instructed by the Rear of Staging Official)
- All vehicles, including motorcycles must enter from the rear of the staging lanes and MUST wait in the staging lanes to get their pass – NO RACER may enter at the pedestrian cross walk. Motorcycles will co-mingle in the lanes with cars. When the rider reaches Tower Stage, the rider may elect to make a single-run or run with a car. Just inform the Tower Stage Official of your intensions.
- Helmet (Snell 2010 or newer) required at 13.99 and faster
- If you need a helmet, you are too fast to have a passenger. Passengers only permitted 14.00 and slower. 1 passenger per car ONLY, must have also signed waiver and have proper wristband. Passenger MUST be over 16 years old. If 16 or 17, must have a signed Parental Waiver on file with WWT Raceway.
- Please note that no passengers will be permitted, and helmets are required in any new muscle cars:
- Any AMG Mercedes along all trim lines including some of the SUV’s
- Any M series Model from the mM2 to the M8 including the M series SUV’s
- Any Audi RS series from the RS3 to the R8
- Mustang GT or above trim level
- Camaro SS or above trim level
- Charger/Challenger 396 trim level or above
- STR8 Cherokee
- Any Tesla including SUV
- Kia Stinger
- Infinity G35/G37
- Nissan 370z
- New Supra
- Subaru WRX STI
- VW Golf RS
- Ford Focus RS
- All “Supercars” Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston martin, ETC.
- Please note: as of 12/31/2021, the Snell 2010 helmet expires, so If you are buying a new helmet, we recommend getting the most current one, which Is Snell 2020.
- Note: Should a Make/Model show up to test, that was not mentioned above, but clearly should be, will be addressed individually and then added to the list.
- Motorcycle Safety Guidelines:
- Helmet Full-face Snell M2010, M2015, M2020, SA2010, SA2015, or SA2020 helmet mandatory; shield mandatory (goggles prohibited). Full all-leathers or SFI Spec 40.1/2 suit mandatory on motorcycles running 120 mph or faster. Two-piece suits must be joined together with a metal 360-degree zipper at the waist. SFI Spec 40.1/1 or 40.1/2 suit or leather jacket, leather boots/shoes above the ankle, and leather gloves are mandatory on ALL motorcycles. Gloves must be Kevlar-lined or equipped with slide buttons.
As part of the Restore Illinois plan, safe distancing will be observed. We will have special event guidelines in place to adhere to Illinois Motorsports Coalition policies during this event. In addition, it is recommended that all participants pre-purchase their race entry into the venue (via the Pit Pay app). Crew members who need restricted access should purchase their credentials via Pit Pay app. Crew members or spectators who do not require restricted access may purchase in advance via MetroTix.
In 2020, we introduced the WWT Raceway Timeslip App from DynoGeeks. The program can be used on your Apple or Android Device. The App is free on the App Store or Google Play. In order to get a time slip, you MUST download the app! Paper time slips will not be distributed.
Ranken Technical College presents High School will be contested as part of the Wide Open Wednesday program. Junior Street will also run-on dates with High School.
- See www.wwtraceway.com or contact Paul Hagen for more information about the Ranken Technical College High School Program
- See www.wwtraceway.com or contact Tim Sibel for more info about the Jr. Street Program
General Nightly Schedule (Subject to Change):
NOTE: WWT Raceway Officials reserve the right to end the night early if lack of participation or due to weather circumstances.
5:00 p.m. Gates Open
6:00 p.m. Racing begins
10:30 p.m. Staging Lanes Close
11:00 p.m. Event concludes
11:30 p.m. Pit Sweep by Madison PD
April 14 – High School #1 + Junior Street (Bike Night)
April 28 – High School #2 + Junior Street
May 5 – High School #3 + Junior Street (Cinco De Mayo Party)
May 19 – High School #4 + Junior Street (Bike Night)
June 2 – High School #5 + Junior Street + Rockin’ and Racin’ Concert Series
June 9 – High School #6 + Junior Street
June 23 – High School #7 + Junior Street
June 30 – High School #8 + Junior Street + Rockin’ and Racin’ Concert Series
July 14 – High School #9 + Junior Street (Bike Night)
July 28 – High School #10 + Junior Street + Rockin’ and Racin’ Concert Series
August 4 – High School #11 + Junior Street
August 11 – High School #12 + Junior Street (Bike Night)
September 8 – High School #13 (Finale) + Junior Street (Finale) + Rockin’ and Racin’ Concert Series
September 15 (Bike Night)
October 6 + Rockin’ and Racin’ Concert Series
October 27 (Finale)
ADMISSION AND ENTRY FEES:
Restricted-area crew pass: $18
Kids 12 and under: Free