RANKEN TECHNICAL COLLEGE presents MIDNIGHT MADNESS fueled by NOS
- Racers will enter through the Main Gate Entrance off SR 203.
- Stop at the Racer Ticket Booth
- Once you get your tech card, please fill it out completely then proceed to staging lanes as directed for tech. If you used Pit Pay, please advise us at the back of the lanes as there may be a special tech lane to get you through faster.
- Please have your tech card filled out COMPLETELY prior to reaching the tech official. After you have been through Tech, you will get your first run out of the tech lanes. Follow the instructions of any Tech/Staging official.
- Midnight Madness is designed for daily driver street cars only. NO dragsters or altered. No “race cars”. Must be licensed and legal to drive on the street. Proof of license/registration may be requested by a tech official.
- After you have made your first pass, you may return to the staging lanes for another pass. Please follow the directions of signage and/or the track officials. There is NO guarantee as to how many runs you will get on a Midnight Madness event above 1, as it is dependent on car count and other extenuating circumstances.
- All vehicles, including motorcycles must enter from the rear of the staging lanes and MUST wait in the staging lanes to get their pass – NO RACER may enter at the pedestrian cross walk. Motorcycles will co-mingle in the lanes with cars. When the rider reaches Tower Stage, the rider may elect to make a single-run or run with a car. Just inform the Tower Stage Official of your intensions.
- ALL PARTICIPANT’S TRAVELING DOWN THE WWT RACEWAY ¼ MILE OR RIDING AS A PASSENGER MUST HAVE A WRIST BAND THAT WILL BE CHECKED AT THE CROSSOVER. ANYONE ENTERING THE “RESTRICTED AREA” BY THE STARTING LINE MUST ALSO HAVE THIS WRIST BAND.
- We follow all NHRA ET Guideline and Safety Rules, as can be found in the 2021 NHRA Rulebook. A full copy can be found at www.nhraracer.com.
- All participants going down track must wear LONG Pants, have a shirt with sleeves and wear closed toe shoes.
- Helmet (Snell 2010 or newer) required at 13.99 and faster
- If you need a helmet, you are too fast to have a passenger. Passengers only permitted 14.00 and slower. 1 passenger per car ONLY, must have also signed waiver and have proper wristband. Passenger MUST be over 16 years old. If 16 or 17, must have a signed Parental Waiver on file with WWT Raceway.
- If you need a helmet, you are too fast for a passenger. Please note that no passengers will be permitted, and helmets are required In any new muscle cars:
- Any AMG Mercedes along all trim lines including some of the SUV’s
- Any M series Model from the mM2 to the M8 including the M series SUV’s
- Any Audi RS series from the RS3 to the R8
- Mustang GT or above trim level
- Camaro SS or above trim level
- Charger/Challenger 396 trim level or above
- STR8 Cherokee
- Any Tesla including SUV
- Kia Stinger
- Infinity G35/G37
- Nissan 370z
- New Supra
- Subaru WRX STI
- VW Golf RS
- Ford Focus RS
- All “Supercars” Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston martin, ETC.
- Please note: as of 12/31/2021, the Snell 2010 helmet expires, so If you are buying a new helmet, we recommend getting the most current one, which Is Snell 2020.
- Note: Should a Make/Model show up to test, that was not mentioned above, but clearlyshould be, will be addressed individually and then added to the list.
- You can only drive the car that received a completed technical inspection. If you want to drive 2 different cars, you must have 2 tech cards and have both cars inspected. If you and your buddy want to drive each other’s car, you both MUST have a tech card for each vehicle you will be driving. Drivers will be assigned to a specific car number when they pass technical inspection and sign the waver.
- Motorcycle Safety Guidelines:
- Helmet Full-face Snell M2010, M2015, M2020, SA2010, SA2015, or SA2020 helmet mandatory; shield mandatory (goggles prohibited). Full all-leathers or SFI Spec 40.1/2 suit mandatory on motorcycles running 120 mph or faster. Two-piece suits must be joined together with a metal 360-degree zipper at the waist. SFI Spec 40.1/1 or 40.1/2 suit or leather jacket, leather boots/shoes above the ankle, and leather gloves are mandatory on ALL motorcycles. Gloves must be Kevlar-lined or equipped with slide buttons.
General Nightly Schedule SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITOUT NOTICE!
Gates Open: 6 p.m.
Tech Inspection: 6:30 p.m.
Racing begins 7:00 p.m.
Staging Lanes Close: 12:30 a.m.
Conclude: 1 a.m.
Pit Sweep: 1:15 AM
Racer: $25 via Pit Pay App (Advance) / $30 at the Gate
Restricted Crew: $17 via Pit Pay App (Advance) / $20 at the Gate
Spectator: $17 via MetroTix (Advance) / $20 at the Gate (Limited to 20% of venue capacity).
Kids Crew 8-15 at the gate $8
Kids 7 and under: Free
Any crewmembers or spectators not riding into the track with the race car will be required to park spectator parking.
As part of the Restore Illinois plan, safe distancing will be observed, and additional guidelines will be posted via social and at WWTRaceway.com. In addition, it is recommended that all participants pre-purchase their race entry into the venue (via the Pit Pay App). Crewmembers who need restricted access should purchase their credentials via Pit Pay App. Crew members who do not require restricted access may purchase in advance via MetroTix. With limited tickets for spectators, it is recommended that advance tickets are purchased, and it also speeds up the entry process into the facility.
In 2020, we introduced the WWT Raceway Timeslip App from DynoGeeks that can be used on your Apple or Android Device. The App is free on the App Store or Google Play. You MUST download the app to get a time slip!
Midnight Madness is only open to street legal motorcycles, full-size cars and trucks/SUVs. No altereds or dragsters of any kind are permitted at Madness events.