The popular Ranken Technical College presents Midnight Madness fueled by NOS Energy Drink features Test ‘n’ Tunes for street-legal cars and motorcycles, drifting, DJs, contests and attractions.
It’s safe and legal: All drivers and riders must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and have proof of insurance. Midnight Madness is open to any street-legal car or motorcycle that is registered and plated. All vehicles must be self-starting and no race cars are allowed. All vehicles must pass a safety inspection before being allowed to compete. All drivers must present a valid driver’s license at the time of technical inspection. Participants 16 and 17 years of age must have a parental consent form completed prior to competition. A complete fire and safety crew is on duty at all times during Midnight Madness.
• Racers will enter through the Gate (1) Entrance off SR 203 or 700 Raceway Blvd, Madison IL
• Spectators will enter via Gate (3) 1905 Collinsville Road, East St Louis IL. And will park on the west side of the drag strip.
• Racers stop at the Racer Ticket Booth
• Once you get your tech card, please fill it out completely then proceed to staging lanes (Lanes 1 & 2) as directed by the rear of staging official.
• Please have your tech card filled out COMPLETELY prior to reaching the tech official. After you have been through Tech, you will get your first run out of the tech lanes. Follow the instructions of any Tech/Staging official.
• Midnight Madness is designed for daily driver street cars only. NO dragsters or altered. No “race cars”. Must be licensed and legal to drive on the street. Proof of license/registration may be requested by a tech official.
• After you have made your first pass, you may return to the staging lanes for another pass. Please follow the directions of signage and/or the track officials. There is NO guarantee as to how many runs you will get on a Midnight Madness event above 1, as it is dependent on car count and other extenuating circumstances.
• All vehicles, including motorcycles must enter from the rear of the staging lanes and MUST wait in the staging lanes to get their pass – NO RACER may enter at the pedestrian cross walk. Motorcycles will co-mingle in the lanes with cars.
• Motorcycle rides must declare a lane (left or right). No two riders can be in the same lane once you pass this pedestrian cross walk. When the rider reaches Tower Stage and is staged next to a car, the rider may elect to make a single-run or run with a car. Just inform the Tower Stage Official of your intensions.
• ALL PARTICIPANT’S TRAVELING DOWN THE DRAGSTRIP ¼ MILE OR RIDING AS A PASSENGER MUST HAVE A WRIST BAND THAT WILL BE CHECKED AT THE CROSSOVER. ANYONE ENTERING THE “RESTRICTED AREA” BY THE STARTING LINE MUST ALSO HAVE THIS WRIST BAND.
• We follow all NHRA ET Guideline and Safety Rules, as can be found in the 2023 NHRA Rulebook. A full copy can be found at www.nhraracer.com.
• Helmet (Snell 2015 or newer) required at 13.99 and faster
• If you need a helmet, you are too fast to have a passenger.
• Passengers only permitted 14.00 and slower vehicles. 1 passenger per car ONLY, must have also signed waiver and have proper wristband. Passenger MUST be over 16 years old. If 16 or 17, must have a signed Parental Waiver on file with WWT Raceway.
• If you need a helmet, you are too fast for a passenger. Please note that no passengers will be permitted, and helmets are required if driving any new muscle cars which include but not limited to the following:
• Any AMG Mercedes along all trim lines including some of the SUV’s
• Any M series Model from the mM2 to the M8 including the M series SUV’s
• Any Audi RS series from the RS3 to the R8
• Mustang GT or above trim level
• Camaro SS or above trim level
• Charger/Challenger 396 trim level or above
• STR8 Cherokee
• Any Tesla including SUV
• Kia Stinger
• Infinity G35/G37
• Nissan 370z
• New Supra
• Subaru WRX STI
• VW Golf RS
• Ford Focus RS
• All “Supercars” Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston martin, ETC.
• Please note as of 12/31/2021, the Snell 2010 helmet expired. A Snell 2015 or newer is now required.
• You can only drive the car that received a completed technical inspection. If you want to drive 2 different cars, you must have 2 tech cards and have both cars inspected. If you and your buddy want to drive each other’s car, you both MUST have a tech card for each vehicle you will be driving. Drivers will be assigned to a specific car number when they pass technical inspection and sign the waver.
• Motorcycle Safety Guidelines:
• Helmet Full-face Snell M2015, M2020, SA2015, or SA2020 helmet mandatory; shield mandatory (goggles prohibited). Full all-leathers or SFI Spec 40.1/2 suit mandatory on motorcycles running 120 mph or faster. Two-piece suits must be joined together with a metal 360-degree zipper at the waist. SFI Spec 40.1/1 or 40.1/2 suit or leather jacket, leather boots/shoes above the ankle, and leather gloves are mandatory on ALL motorcycles. Gloves must be Kevlar-lined or equipped with slide buttons.
2023 Dates (8):
March 24 August 11
April 14 September 8
May 12 October 13
June 23 October 27 (finale)
Additional Dates may be added
Any crewmembers or spectators not riding into the track with the race car will be required to park spectator parking or will be required to pay the racer fee to park in the pits.
In 2020, we introduced the WWT Raceway Timeslip App from DynoGeeks that can be used on your Apple or Android Device. The App is free on the App Store or Google Play. You MUST download the app to get a time slip!
PETS ARE PROHIBITED (except for certified service animals).
General Nightly Schedule SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!
Gates Open: 6 p.m.
Tech Inspection 6:30 p.m.
Racing begins 7:00 p.m.
Staging Lanes Close: 12:30 a.m. or when race director declares appropriate
Conclude: 1 a.m.
Pit Sweep: 1:15 AM
NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO STAY OVERNIGHT
Restricted Crew: $20
Youth 6-12 years old: $10
Kids 5 and under: Free
**All restricted area passes (Racer or Crew) are available online via PitPay and non-restricted area passes (Spectator) are available online via Metrotix**
Buy single tickets for all upcoming Midnight Madness events
Want to attend with your buddies?
WWTR is located just five minutes from downtown St. Louis. For additional information on World Wide Technology Raceway, please call (618) 215-8888 or visit www.WWTRaceway.com. Follow WWTR on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
About World Wide Technology Raceway
World Wide Technology Raceway is the home of INDYCAR, NASCAR and NHRA racing in the St. Louis region. Located just five minutes from downtown St. Louis and covering more than 600 acres, WWTR is the largest outdoor entertainment facility in the area. WWTR’s facilities include a 1/4-mile drag strip, 1.25-mile superspeedway, recently-expanded 2.0-mile road course, a state-of-the-art karting facility, a 14-acre, multi-purpose dirt off-road venue and the Gateway Drive-In Theater at World Wide Technology Raceway (a drive-in entertainment venue able to accommodate 3,000 cars). WWTR acquired Gateway National Golf Links, adjacent to the speedway property, in 2019. WWTR was the recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Facility of the Year Award from the Race Track Business Conference and the 2017 Spirit of St. Louis Award from the St. Louis Attractions Association. In 2018, owner and CEO Curtis Francois received the Innovator Award from the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission in recognition of his work for restoring World Wide Technology Raceway (known then as Gateway Motorsports Park) to prominence. In 2020, WWTR received the Track Award at the annual NASCAR Drive for Diversity Awards. The 2021 season marks the 10th year of Francois’ ownership of the facility.